The Veterans Practice, Ltd.
Catherine Cornell, Attorney
Catherine Cornell became interested in helping disabled
veterans in college during an internship at CNN in Washington
D.C. when she researched a story about homeless veterans.
After getting her master’s degree in journalism, Catherine
worked in television broadcasting for several years. Catherine
then left TV journalism to pursue a career in law at the University
After law school, Catherine worked as a litigator at the Legal Assistance Foundation of
Metropolitan Chicago for more than five years, helping some of Chicago’s most impoverished
residents with a variety of legal matters. Catherine then worked at Rabin & Associates in the
area of Social Security Disability and got her start handling veterans compensation claims.
Seeing the frustration experienced by so many veterans trying to get their VA benefits,
Catherine, whose father served in the United States Air Force, decided to establish her own
law practice dedicated exclusively to helping veterans. It is the first of its kind in the
Chicagoland area. She handles veterans compensation and pension claims.
Areas of Practice:
• Veterans compensation claims (after the veteran has been denied)
• Veterans pension claims
• Accredited with Department of Veterans Affairs
• Admitted to the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
• Admitted to the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
• Admitted to the Illinois state bar
• Registered as a professional service corporation with the Illinois Supreme Court
• Member of the National Organization of Veterans Advocates
• Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana (JD)
• University of Missouri, Columbia School of Journalism, Columbia, Missouri (MA)
• St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota (BA)